These eco sponges are a great swap for your kitchen. They feel and function like traditional sponges but are completely plant-based, plastic-free and compostable. The white spongy part is made of wood pulp and is absorbent, while the yellow-brown part, made of loofah, is scrubby and helps the soap become sudsy.
1. Soak the sponge in water to watch it expand for a few minutes
2. Use as a regular normal sponge
- Dry completely between uses
- Boil in water to kill bacteria
- Avoid soaking in water
- Place away from high heat or flames
Disposal: Cut in small pieces, then place in compost bin or directly compost in the backyard. Loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden. Excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, is pest resistant, and can be used as bedding in worm bins.